edited March 2021 in Fruit

There seems to be no end to the beauty in nature..check this out

Comments

• karenjanicki
    karenjanicki Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭

That's beautiful!

• naomi.kohlmeier
    naomi.kohlmeier Posts: 380 ✭✭✭

Mmmm! @silvertipgrizz do you have any in your landscape?

• MissPatricia
    MissPatricia Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

Really beautiful! I wish that I could grow citrus. Maybe if I had a high tunnel...but I don't. I would like one now because some of my favorite You Tubers have touted the benefits of them.

• Lisa K
    Lisa K Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love blood oranges, they make the best Orange juice!

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@naomi.kohlmeier Sadly I don't..I live in zone 7 where our summers are Heck and our winters can be..lol

but I watch the store for them every season. If you think blood oranges are something, look for red pears. Talk about stunning flavor..I looked them up when I got home the day I first saw them at walmart and according to the company that sold them to wal... they have a very short growing season, and they wrote that their state..I think was Washington??? was the only place in the us that they would grow. I do not believe that because I have seen too many times the impossible can become the possible..with very hard work and effort sometimes.

My fav way to use the blood orange is to slice and freeze the slices and place a slice in my blackberry tea, or even raspberry tea...love it the flavor in the glass of tea with either of the berries I use is stunning and thats my best way of making sure they don't go bad before I get a chance to use them up.

Sorry for the long response...issues here that are finally beginning to resolve..I have missed everyone.

The best to you🐞

• monica197
    monica197 Posts: 332 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have never heard of these - thank you for sharing - nature is delicious!!!

• Cornelius
    Cornelius Posts: 872 ✭✭✭✭

I almost bought this tree (I grow some exotic things in my house lol). I decided to get the aulstrialian finger lime instead, but I will get one of these if I ever get more land! Also cara cara oranges are really good (they have a pink flesh and orange peel)!

This Week's Leaders