Best grinding tool for herbs & twigs
I was looking at a discussion on the forum about harvesting willow in spring or fall. @jolanta.wittib mentioned drying & grinding up the finger sized branches into powder.
I know some coffee grinders are good, some food processors, some spice mills and of course, the traditional mortar & pestle.
What I want to know is a brand that is tough and does the best job. I have carpal tunnel & mortar & pestle just is not a good option for my hands & wrists. My coffee maker does some things (but is inadequate in most cases) and a hand grind coffee grinder works, but oily things are impossible to clean out (hello, cloves!).
I am looking for specific brands and I want to know what each is capable of (what it can grind, what it can't, & if it is tough) in your experience.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter