Tumeric Lemonade

Comments

• kbmbillups1
    kbmbillups1 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks interesting. I like GT's Turmeric Kombucha. I've never tried to make turmeric ones myself but I might try this lemonade. I have added it to hot tea before.

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kbmbillups1

I try to add more Tumeric to my diet any way I can. I plan to try this this week.

How is it in hot tea? I do have one premade tea with tumeric in it that is not bad but I would like to start making most of my own tea blends

• kbmbillups1
    kbmbillups1 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

When one of my family members isn't feeling well I make ginger turmeric tea. I've been doing it for several years now. Everyone likes it so we all have some not just the sick one. I use green tea bags but I finely chop up ginger and turmeric and put in tea infusers. I have one for each and have found that I can slide them onto a wooden spoon and lay it over the pot of water. That way the ginger and turmeric is submerged in the hot water. I add a little fresh lemon juice and a little honey. We let it steep a while and then enjoy. Sometimes its a little spicy depending on the strength of the ginger I think.

• marjstratton
    marjstratton Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭

Sounds really good. I use a lot of Turmeric in my cooking and also some commercially prepared Turmeric tea, but having a recipe from fresh materials is far better.

• karenjanicki
    karenjanicki Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭

That sounds interesting. I've been wanting to make "lemonade" from sumac for awhile. Maybe adding Turmeric would be a good choice.

• annbeck62
    annbeck62 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭✭

Looks interesting. I've used a tumeric, ginger, lemon combination when making kombucha but the basil is an interesting twist.

• burekcrew86
    burekcrew86 Posts: 248 ✭✭✭

Very interesting. I’m going to have to try making this.