The Coffee Cup Trail

Monek Marie
Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my favorite parts of a day is to walk the gardens in the morning. I check for new growth, any gardening issues and just enjoy the sun peeking up over the hill and the fog rolling off the creek.

As with any morning walk my coffee cup goes with me to take the chill off the morning fog or dew. What a beautiful relaxing way to start a morning.

And often after a morning walk my mom will ask me, "Where are all the coffee cups?" Hmmm, Where or where could they be?

A quick walk out to the garden area will let me harvest 5 or 6 coffee cups, left on top of garden stakes. After I am done with my warm drink there always seems to be a weed to pick or a veggie to harvest. I need my hands so...

Garden stakes make a great place to turn over your cup so they don't get lost, at least outdoors.

Comments

• blevinandwomba
    blevinandwomba Posts: 813 ✭✭✭✭

I drink a cup of magnesium "tea" with sea salt and a splash of kombucha, first thing every morning. I'm usually drinking it while rushing around getting ready for work, so yes, tea cups are found in various odd places around the house, including bookshelves and the bathroom.

• JennyT Upstate South Carolina
    JennyT Upstate South Carolina Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've enjoyed starting my day with the Four Sigmatic Mushroom Cacao Mix these last couple of weeks. Marjory mentioned it in one of her newsletters she sent out.

As for coffee cups disappearing I have to keep a close eye on mine because I've packed up all but each of my families favorite one, that leaves only six, total. So my four kids have gotten really good at helping me keep track of my wandering cup around the house and such as we're preparing to move amidst still doing homeschool and life.😊

• naomi.kohlmeier
    naomi.kohlmeier Posts: 380 ✭✭✭

I love this! I do the exact same thing, but it's my hubby who puts the coffee cups down and then we have to go in search of them! Ah, the morning walk through the garden is one of the best ways to start the day!

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

I don't think it matters what we have in our mugs for that early morning walk. @JennyT My husband drinks a similar product every morning (since I weaned him off coffee). Try it with a bit of cinnamon added. Delicious, with the benefits of keeping blood sugars under control.

• ltwickey
    ltwickey Posts: 369 ✭✭✭

Sounds like heaven to start the day this way! Can't wait until I am able to do that after retiring!!

• MaryRowe
    MaryRowe Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭

Hang in there, @ltwickey --for me, it felt like retirement would never get here, those last couple years just crawled by. Then suddenly the day came when I found myself filling out the paperwork, and then Freedom! It is glorious! And you'll get here too, before you know it! 😉

• karenjanicki
    karenjanicki Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭

That's a good idea! I set things down and forget them alot haha.

• SuperC
    SuperC Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

@Denise Grant our mugs are left next to the table used to put together jigsaw puzzles in the early morning before going to work. The bf leaves them in the garage, in the car, and in the patio. A morning walk announces welcoming songs of awakening plants and birdies.

• Michelle D
    Michelle D Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

My mom gave me this mug. As soon as I saw it I thought of this discussion. This is the perfect mug to forget in the garden. I'm sure it will happen at some point soon.

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, it has begun. I took a walk out this morning an got distracted by the ducks and the cup was turned upside down over a post. It only took about 10 minutes to realize where it was.