One of my kids came in today & said, taste this!
So, I tasted my first maple seed (Manitoba Maple). It was nutty and...I am not sure what. Certainly different, but not green and not bad. No bitterness.
Does anyone have any thought on how to more easily extract the seed? That was one complaint that I heard.
@torey Can you add any medicinal information or recipes?
We got a bit colder weather again, so that should extend the season for anyone collecting syrup.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter