What an awesome little place

Comments

• JennyT Upstate South Carolina
    JennyT Upstate South Carolina Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RustBeltCowgirl That story is amazing! Thank you for sharing.

It makes you rethink many things, or at least it did that for me.

• karenjanicki
    karenjanicki Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing!

• Lisa K
    Lisa K Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the kitchen, it looks like a cool General Store.

• Annie Kate
    Annie Kate Posts: 683 ✭✭✭✭

Wow, I can hardly imagine. And all that with Lyme disease! Thanks for sharing.

• nicksamanda11
    nicksamanda11 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭

I would definitely drink a cup of coffee at that table!

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a wonderful place. I often wonder how life would be without all the time and mental trappings we feel we must have.

• JodieDownUnder
    JodieDownUnder Posts: 1,483 admin

@RustBeltCowgirl how inspirational. A very strong woman, mentally and physically. So many people would aspire to doing that. Thanks for sharing.

• naomi.kohlmeier
    naomi.kohlmeier Posts: 380 ✭✭✭

Great article! I love that lifestyle, but also I love my lifestyle with my backyard oasis! I wonder if one could live in a house like that in the city?

• dipat2005
    dipat2005 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love to live in a tiny house but I don't think I could live without electricity. Salem, Oregon was without electricity in the winter snow and ice storms for 10 days or so. My brothers live there. One of them walks everywhere and the other has a house and a freezer and refrigerator. I am sure they had a huge loss of food. For this modern day we forget what our ancestors went through with no electricity. My grandmother was alive when I was growing up and she made her own butter and we had cream and raw milk to drink. She had a radio but no TV. She used a wringer washer and a scrub board. She had a clothesline or a wooden dryer.

• happy-trails
    happy-trails Posts: 170 ✭✭✭

This is incredible and inspiring! Thank you for sharing with us. It's basically my dream home! I'd rather have a tiny house and lots of land, than a house with too much space, full of many meaningless material things.