New Frontier-out of the comfort zone and into the weeds
So my gardening looks a little different this year with us moving. I'm mostly transplanting into my pots, so they can move with us, some cuttings and new seedlings that have sprouted from seed from last years plants.
But I'm determined to keep learning despite the craziness. And seeing all the dandelions coming up, I was inspired to pick some, along with some chickweed. I've place both into a glass jar and covered it with some good quality olive oil I have. I plan to make a salve from these two wonderful weeds for my youngest and her skin issues.
I've never done anything like this before. Never made an herbal oil. Never made a salve. I've read about how to do it many times. I've even seen how to make a salve a couple of times. But now, I'm attempting to do this myself, a whole new frontier for me.
How about all of you? Are you trying something new this year? Are you stepping out into the unknown to try for yourself what you've seen done?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 518 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter