A knock on the door
When there is a knock on my door I never know what it might be.
Today the was banging on the door. Oh no. I hope it's not an animal that found its way out of the fencing. (Always a concern here)
But it was a nice surprise. The one church about four miles away dropped off a Easter dinner basket! Ham, apple sauce, rolls, corn, beans, yams and dessert. What a nice pleasant surprise.
If no last minute surprises pop up we will have our first family holiday in a year and a half. I'll be taking a lot of this up to share with family.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter