Whats your latest farm land adventure or activity?
You don't have to have a farm or land to post whats happening in your backyard, patio or land.
Today I had to move perennials to be able to put a group of chickens out in a new penned area. I have my chickens penned I planned to move bit a few chickens free ranging while I was out. Of course these chickens had to help me dig and pot up plants. I have to admit they are not the best potters so I took a break and sprinkled Flock Party Grains on my one potting soil pile and let them dig it up for me and add some fertilizer at the same time. It will be ready to use tomorrow and all fluffed up for me for easy digging.
I had some eggs I left behind hoping some chicken would decide to go broody but no luck until today. My thought was if they did not lay on them I would harvest them. Later this afternoon I had one happy broody hen. I will make her her own 4 by 4 enclosure and wait.
I thin k my own Pekin is going broody but since we have no drake she is wasting her time. But I plan to call a friend and get some fertilized eggs from her for my duck.
I plan to start my baby goats on mixed goat milk so I can harvest goat milk and start making cheese. They will also be off moms milk soon so I want to get a bond you have with goats if you bottle feed them even for a week. One's a little thinner 6than the rest so we will fatten her up.
I am enjoying todays sun and warmth as its supposed to chill off the rest of the week.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter