Gone fishing - One of those Country adventures (humor)

Monek Marie
Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was one of those typical days in NW PA. Warm, sunny, semi peaceful and well: normal.

My brothers one friend showed up and saw quite a bit of activity down by the creek. I was running off at full speed to the barn and came back dragging chains. Kevin got that look on his face and approached the creek edge cautiously. He peered over the bank over and just gave us a look.

We had been building a burn pile down by the creek and it was actually quite a large pile. My brother had an old chair that he was going to burn. He backed up to the pile as close as he could and tossed the chair on top. It sat there, then decided to fall off the pile and roll ten foot into the creek.

It ended up right side up and just bobbed on the water. Well, you can't leave it there so I ran to get something to hook on to it and get it out. But I have to admit my photographic side looked at the chair first and wanted to climb down and have my photo taken in the wing back chair. Fortunately I did not have my camera with me and I am sure my added weigh would have started the chair to take on water faster. So it was plan B, get that chair out as fast as possible.

It was a 700 foot run to the barn and those chains were heavy, particularly when your sprinting. We managed to get chains on the chair and drag it out. This was not easy and the chair was in at least a 7 foot area of water.

Its amazing how much heavier is was dragging it out. Thankfully it came out in one piece.

When our adventure was over, Kevin looked at us and asked, "Don't you guys ever have a normal day"

"Well, yes, this is normal."

Comments

• Monek Marie
    edited April 2021

Another one of my brothers friend came over one night when my brother still had an apartment in the basement.

We were preparing to go out for the night and Mom went down to tell Steve were were leaving. Steves friend, Darren was sitting in the living room and just nodded his head and said, "I am not even going to ask."

It was November and we had an early chrismas party to go to. Mom was dressed up as Mrs Claus and she made one cute Claus.

• RustBeltCowgirl
    RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love it. You do a lot of fishing with that creek......trucks, chairs,

• Monek Marie

@RustBeltCowgirl We have rare varieties in our creek

Oh, we rescued a wooden dock once in the spring after a flood. And floating boats go by once in a while in high water season. Its an interesting creek!

• water2world
    water2world Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭

@Denise Grant If only that creek could talk!!!

As usual, love your stories!

• Monek Marie

@water2world that creek has a very unusual history. And yes, between that and life adventures it would be a book.

Glad you enjoyed the story

• water2world
    water2world Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭

@Denise Grant The creek gives up it's secrets! lol

• Monek Marie

@water2world one interesting fact about this creek is that it used to flow north in to the Erie Pa area. After the glacier age it flower South and finally emptied into the Mississippi. I love history.

Washington also used this creek to travel from Erie Pa to Warren Pa and further south.