Anyone house rabbits and chickens together? I’m building a “racken” house!
I would appreciate any input on design or experiences with it. I’m building in the style of Joel Salatin but I’m afraid that the constant agitation of the rabbit poo by the chickens will stop the insects from laying all the great larvae that the chickens love so much. We have a catchment system for the rabbit poo now that works well (other than needing cleaning out so often) but the constant harassment of the rabbits by rodents is making us look for a better way.
This Week's Leaders
- 606 All Categories
- 21 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 24 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 195 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 374 Current Events & Breaking News
- 993 Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.1K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 396 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 28 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 271 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 291 The Homestead: DIY
- 833 Personal Journals
- 74 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter