Craft shows and homemade candles (humor)
My mother and I used to do a lot of craft shows for extra income.
One year at a craft show near christmas I made candles that looked like fancy ice cream sundaes or sodas. They were really cute and a huge success at the show. I got all the old fashioned ice cream sundae glasses at an auction in a box lot. The candle material were old candles melted down and the wicks were also recycled.
After I melted the wax I whipped the wax to give it a frothy look and layered different colored layers for a festive look. The top wax was whipped white wax piled up like whipped cream and I rolled red wax in a round ball to look like a cherry and placed on top. I also had placed a straw in the candle beforehand so it was embedded in the candle.
The show was about half over and I had a few sundaes left. My mother left the table for a break. While she was gone a lady came by looked at the candles several times with a very strange look on her face. She picked it up and took a bite of it, then spit out the wax.
She said "That's not very good", Then gave me a dirty look and walked away.
When My mom came back I remarked, "You're not going to believe what just happened."
At shows at least one odd thing always happened.
Who has participated in craft shows?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter