Lamb passed the test!!!
I'm still trying different meats for dinner. Aldi had ground lamb for $5.99/lb. A little pricey; but for a trial, why not? Browned it with hamburger seasoning, added a can of cream of onion soup and a can of drained mixed veggies. Topped with mashed potatoes and some shredded cheese.
So, at roughly $11 for the meal. I fed 3 people, have enough leftover for a 2nd dinner and possibly lunch for me. Comes out to roughly $1.57 a person.
And he liked it. Wow......Dad liked it!!!!!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter