Any good in lemon leaves?
Boy is my little (indoor) lemon tree suddenly a happy little thing, growing like I've never seen before! I fed it a bit of wriggler castings & I think that was the magic touch.
I was pruning it of a crossed branch today, since it just can't stay, and was wondering if lemon leaves are useful in anything? Can I use them in tea or something else? Can they be put in something to make a cleaner, or should I make a room spray? Would the leaves have any sort of benefits, health or otherwise? They just smell so very good and I am hoping they aren't just going to be garbage waste.
I've put rooting hormone on a few cuttings off that branch. The powder is old, so I am not sure what will happen, but it is worth a shot.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter