The Grow System: The Essential Guide To Modern Self-Sufficient Living

Marjory Wildcraft
Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin
edited May 2021 in Grow Network Summits

RIGHT NOW is the time to become more self-reliant. I'm talking about growing as much of your food as possible, making your own medicine, learning to live off-grid...

Quite frankly, it's time to regain those skills that used to be common knowledge among our ancestors. Your great grandparents knew how to do this stuff. 

While we continue to heal the earth via homegrown food here at The Grow Network, we're getting happier and healthier. It's time to take full control of your life.  

Did you know that even you can become healthier, WEALTHIER, and happier than you've ever been before? Even during a pandemic, food crisis, and economic collapse. 

This is all possible with my new book, The Grow System (Avery 2021). On-sale May 11 and available for pre-order now!

To help spread the world, I'm hosting The Grow System Summit, an online LIVE event where I'll be joined by people successfully living this amazing lifestyle. We'll cover everything you need to know: from gardening to making your own medicine and so much more.

May 21-23. Become free. 

➥ REGISTER BY CLICKING HERE

➥ Let me know what you want me to discuss at the summit in the comments below:

Comments

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin
    edited May 2021

@Marjory Wildcraft The link above to your book isn't working. Someone pointed that out to me. The rest is working well.

• MaryRowe
    MaryRowe Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to the book and the summit both!

As to topics, for me the most difficult and yet most important skill for building a sustainable future is building a community of like-minded people. Even in my rural neighborhood, where many grow some of their own food and value self-reliance in some ways, the typical mindset often has more in common with city folk in terms of reliance on the market economy, cash-crop agriculture, big pharma, the grocery store and such. They tend to see foraging wild foods, making your own medicine, permaculture, and other lifeways that we celebrate in the TGN forums as weird, "hippie" stuff. So even here there is a cultural divide to cross in working with the neighbors. So far I am still searching for ways to bridge that divide, and haven't found much. I guess it is just a long, slow process of recognizing what common ground there is and building on that.

• LaurieLovesLearning

@Marjory Wildcraft You're welcome!

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am really looking forward to this.

As a topic, maybe rebuilding the skills our ancestors had. How to start and maybe how to work with a group or community to achive that

Many years ago workbees were a common event in small towns. Out local amish community still do that and once in a while someone else, but it was common years ago. MY grandparents told stories of such days and weekends. Its amazing what you can accomplish in a day or so with a group.

• Annie Kate
    Annie Kate Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, there's so much to learn--and so much to teach our kids. My kids watch me and know things are possible; that is a gift even if they don't feel like learning right now. I am looking forward to learning more! :)

• AngelaOston
    AngelaOston Posts: 249 ✭✭✭

Looking forward to reading it! Thanks for all of your work.

• JodieDownUnder
    JodieDownUnder Posts: 1,483 admin

@Marjory Wildcraft I have pre ordered the book, received my freebies and look forward to the summit, starting May 21. I hope it is a runaway success for you and the TGN team. Seems more people should and will be tuning in, like never before.

• MaryRowe
    MaryRowe Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭

THE BOOK just popped up on my Kindle this AM!!! SO exciting! Starting it over morning coffee, and can hardly wait for the Summit to start! Congratulations Marjory!

• Tave
    Tave Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine, too! I hope it is more successful than anticipated.

• Monek Marie

Congrats @Marjory Wildcraft and TGN team. My hard copy will be here Wednesday. Looking forward to the book and Summit

• RustBeltCowgirl
    RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Preordered. Waiting for it to hit the doorstep.

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

My copy is due here tomorrow as well, anxious to start reading it.

• silvertipgrizz

@Marjory Wildcraft

Any info you can add regarding how our grandparents, and their predecessors, as well as the native tribes employed their techniques for successful gardens for surviving and thriving. Including what so many of those poss lost techniques might have been. For example, 3 sisters, and so on. Although I know how to use a few diff layouts for the 3 sisters, many poss don't know what 3 sisters is...a very important way to improve production and integrity of the plants as they grow and depend on each other..the corn, beans and squash/pumpkins.

I often lament that the days are gone that I could ask my aunts, uncles and grandparents as well as my parents...about all of their tips for the best gardening/food outcome. What a wealth of knowledge lost to me and many others.

Thank you for your book.

• maimover
    maimover Posts: 359 ✭✭✭

Feeling very frustrated with the preorder system. I ordered using the Amazon link back in March (my daughter n I share prime account). The link ordered a kindle n billed her; called n cancelled it. Tried to order again, thought it was right-book, my card number. She texted last night n asked me if I ordered something on her kindle and her account was charged. An hour later with Amazon again this morning n they removed the charge and the book from the kindle n now I have to order again. I’m thinking Amazon is getting as bad as Comcast. Anyways does anyone remember what the preorder price was? Sorry just feeling aggravated as my time is slipping away dealing with the big company who should send it to me for free for all the aggravation 😡 I guess the important thing is I can get it. There were only 3 copies left when I checked 😳

• maimover
    maimover Posts: 359 ✭✭✭

@Denise Grant thank you. I got my daughter to order it and it should be here by Friday. I was just hoping to be able to get it for presale price as I was trying in March; it’s all good. Regardless it’ll be money well spent I’m sure 🙂

• LaurieLovesLearning

If anyone else has issues, please contact Nikki at contact Nikki at happiness@thegrownetwork.com.

Thanks!

• silvertipgrizz

My book arrived this morning. Can't wait to start reading it this evening.

Everyone have a great day!

• Marjory Wildcraft

Oh I can't wait to hear your comments / thoughts on the book.

Ha, ha, I still haven't seen a copy yet. The publisher did send me some but I am moving too fast. (that has been a theme in this relationship if you can imagine a huge publisher working with a small tight knit agile internet company... but they did a great job).

After all the editing / back and forthing / I'm not totally sure what is in the book and what isn't... I think it ended up at 244 pages but you would be surprised at what was in, and then out, and then in again.

Seriously there were like 7 or 8 editors involved in the process. And funny errors cropped up.

So I'm thinking it will be a surprise for me too.

• Linda Bittle
    Linda Bittle Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

My copy of the book just arrived in today"s mail! Know what I'm going to be doing on the weekend.

• Monek Marie

@Marjory Wildcraft 262 pages not including final farewell and index.

Chapter summaries and additional resources for each chapter are really great. TY

• Tave
    Tave Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in chapter 3 now. It's great!

• Marjory Wildcraft

Oh please be sure to add a review on whatever book site you purchased from - thanks!

• Marjory Wildcraft

Hi @MaryRowe It would normally be a slow process, but my haunch is that inflation and hyper inflation (among other changes) will have people become much more open minded.

Thank you and I will emphasize more community building aspects in the conversations.

• Marjory Wildcraft

Hi @silvertipgrizz yes, what we've lost is tremendous, but there is also a freedom in not knowing. We have a lot in the books and writings from the past. And we have nature herself who is such a great teacher.

I feel two ways:

One, when I was first talking with publishers they said "we want something new" and I laughed and told them there is absolutely nothing new in agriculture. Any technique you can think of has been used somewhere in history.

Two: on the other hand we have access to teachings from all over the world and throughout time. We can experiment and combine in ways our ancestors could never even dream of. We also have access to materials and technology that were not possible historically. Think how electric fencing has revolutionized pasture raised meat production.

One of the reasons for building this community - and working to take it global - is to create a place where we can transfer information and learning extremely rapidly. Despite the news that focuses so much on "if it bleeds it leads" , humans are astonishingly cooperative.

I am working hard behind the scenes to create the 'your place on Earth' tool which will help people from around the planet easily figure out what area they live in, and then connect them up with others who share the same types of rainfall, temperature, and growth patterns.

• Marjory Wildcraft

Oh thank you so much for writing that @Denise Grant I had a small battle with the publisher to keep those in there. They wanted to take them out. They thought it would come across as... well, I'm not sure what. I love end of chapter reviews and I wanted to give more resources that just couldn't fit in the book.

• Monek Marie

@Marjory Wildcraft Having those reviews help to bring home valuable pints and have those resources is like have an entire new book! I am so glad they are there. They add a totally new dimension to the book. (gee that's a book review quote)

• Annie Kate
    Annie Kate Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭

I always love summaries and additional resources--so glad they are in there, and I can't wait for my copy to show up.