Keeping Deer Out: Shorter Poles (6/7') at 45 Degree Angle-- Have You Tried It?
I hear that deer can clear 8 feet (sometime more) but don't normally jump higher than 7.5' unless they're being chased...
I also read that if a shorter pole (6 or 7 feet) are angled at a 45 degree angle with wire around the top, they won't jump it because they have height but not distance.. Has anyone tried this? Did it work?
This Week's Leaders
- 607 All Categories
- 19 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 24 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 186 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 370 Current Events & Breaking News
- 965 Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.1K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 380 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 27 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 241 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 286 The Homestead: DIY
- 791 Personal Journals
- 72 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter