I put this under this category because for us, it is encouragement. We have been in a very bad drought for a while, even through this past winter, and went into this spring extremely dry. The dust has been amazing (and not in a good way). There have been numerous large grass, marsh & forest fires in many areas of my province that has often blanketed much of the population with heavy smoke.
We have been even more dry where we are than even the surrounding communities. But this morning, we got rain...and actually have a few very small puddles!
I have no idea if it will be enough to start a round of continued moisture, but we can hope.
It is good news.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter