What to do when you're bored. Buy a truck!
First of all I am never bored but I bought a truck is just a dull title.
I have needed a truck forever but did not want the extra cost or a gas guzzler and around here it's impossible to find any one to haul for you or they are a no show and you're left in a lurch.
It's also hard to have a farm or homestead with out a truck. It means your car trunk always has hay shaft in it or a few goats in transport in the back seat.
So, a truck came up on Market Place. It was a southern truck with no rust and fairly low mileage and I decided to go look at it.
It was an hour drive and once we got there and started talking to the guy we found out he went to the same high school as we did, small world.
I took it for a drive and properly scared the owner. That's what learning to drive on a dirt road does for you. I told the owner I would let him know in a few hours but I had to think about it (and do some research online). I came home and tried to talk myself out of it but I lost the battle.
On the way home we stopped at a flea market. It looked to be an outdoor market but the barn behind them had at least twenty vendors and tons of really old funky stuff. That made the vehicle buying experience more enjoyable. I also find a few perennial plants for sale on the way home so it was a good day.
And who needs a savings account anyways?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter