Have you ever tasted Horseradish flowers? I did and was amazed!
Have you ever eaten the horseradish flowers?
I harvest horseradish roots twice a year: in early spring and in autumn. And I use leaves for fermenting cucumbers. But I have never ever tried to eat horseradish flowers. Today, as I was taking photos of different plants, I noticed how beautiful it is. I tasted it and WoW! You know how sharp is the root. And the flowers are so mild and so spicy at the same time. Now they will land in my salads, soups, stews...
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter