It's all about marketing
Just like Crisco did with lard, same thing happened with hankerchiefs. It was all a marketing strategy to make you believe that lard was bad and handkerchiefs were unsanitary.
Not terribly difficult to make. Identical to making napkins. You can even stitch a hand rolled hem, like they do on very pricey designer scarves.
Tutorial on the hem stitch.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter