Mary, Mary, .......
Earlier this year, in February, I procrastinated planting my seedlings indoors. Three weeks after they should have been planted, I begrudgingly planted tomatoes and peppers. They all sprouted and grew. I put them outside in my tiny greenhouse to harden them off. The door was open during the day and shut at night. One night it got below freezing and some of the plants bit the dust. However, the rest survived and are growing very well.
The procrastination continued and I even though I love gardening and wanted a garden, (I've had one every year for ages), I just couldn't get up the drive to follow through until about mid-April. Thankfully my husband was really hung-ho about it, so thanks to him, this is now our garden, and also some pictures of our back yard sanctuary.
To continue the Discussion Title: How does your garden grow?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 515 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter