Cooling Summer Beverages (Family Friendly)
We are getting a taste of hot summer temperatures throughout this week. This got me to thinking about what are your favorite family friendly herbal cooling drinks.
Right now, we are making some hibiscus tea combined with our electrolyte recipe. If we had organic lemons at the ready, we would be using those too.
What have you used as a cooling drink when you get hot in the summertime? Do you have recipes with mint or something else? It would be nice to have variety!
Just a note, no alcoholic recipes in this thread, please. Thanks!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter