Reviews of pressure canners....will soon be the season

They review 8 of the top canners on the market. We've got a lot of new people on the forum and they might be looking at pressure canning.

I had already decided that I was going to get the second canner on the list. The Presto. Yes, the All-American is the top of the line; but for my needs, more than I want to spend.

Comments

• vickeym
    vickeym Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love my All American(s). Yes, they were more expensive. But I will never have to worry about replacing seals or anything. They are very durable and I know folks who have handed them down to their kids and even to grandchildren.

I have three right now. One bought new the other two were purchased used. I have the 10 ½ qt., 15 ½ qt., and the 30 qt., Would not part with any of them.

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

I just looked at the price of canners. Shocked at the price of All American! I can see why you went for a Presto @RustBeltCowgirl.

But I gotta say, All American has to be the best if you can afford it. I have one but bought it a long time ago. I remember it being more expensive than other canners at the time but not the huge difference today. Check yard sales, flea markets, second-hand stores.

• RustBeltCowgirl
    RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @torey. If I was sure that I was going to stick with pressure canning, the All American would be a good long term investment. But I'm just learning and don't want to sink the money into something that I wouldn't use much. All American definitely holds its' pricing 2nd hand or not.

• AdrienneHew
    AdrienneHew Posts: 94 ✭✭✭

I wanted to recommend the Presto on my blog, but Amazon has no price on it! LOL

• RustBeltCowgirl
    RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AdrienneHew This is what Amazon showed for me.

• water2world
    water2world Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭

@RustBeltCowgirl Thank you for this post---I have been without one for several years and was ready to start checking them out. This list is great, as well as the other comments! Thank you!!