Home   |   About Us   |   The Grow System   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Store   |   Forum Rules

Amazing Cookbook to collect — The Grow Network Community
We may have our differences, but nothing’s more important than family.

- Coco

Amazing Cookbook to collect

Megan VenturellaMegan Venturella Posts: 422 ✭✭✭✭

I just purchased Darra Goldstein’s Beyond the North Wind: Russia in Recipes and Lore. I can tell this is going to be an amazing culinary journey, loaded with history. I’m guessing that if you live in a cold climate and are growing your own food that this will have loads of hints as to what to preserve, etc. A few recipes I’m looking at right now are Dandelion Blossom Syrup, Farmer’s Cheese, Sea Buckthorn Tonic, and a médicinal Hot Spiced Honey that people used to add goodies like St. John’s Wort and for tips to. If you enjoy cookbooks you might love this one!

Comments

• Lisa KLisa K Posts: 664 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks cool! I love the unusual cookbooks, in fact besides being addict to seeds I am also addicted to cookbooks!

• toreytorey Moderator Posts: 3,072 admin

I love cookbooks. This one looks really excellent. But I will have to look for this one in a used book store as the new price is a bit high for my book budget.

• Megan VenturellaMegan Venturella Posts: 422 ✭✭✭✭

@torey I know, it’s a little pricey! My birthday is coming up, so I thought why not?

• kbmbillups1kbmbillups1 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭✭

@Megan Venturella Happy Birthday! Looks like an interesting cookbook!

• JodieDownUnderJodieDownUnder Moderator Mid North Coast AustraliaPosts: 897 admin

@Megan Venturella I know nothing of Russian cuisine, so thanks for sharing. Happy birthday and I was just gifted this lovely cookbook.

• Lisa KLisa K Posts: 664 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of time I have waited until books have gone on sale, either the actual book or the Tablet version.

• BrindyBrindy Posts: 168 ✭✭✭

That looks awesome. Let me know if it's a must have after you get a chance to be more acquainted with it. I love cookbooks!

• soeasytocraftsoeasytocraft Alberta, CanadaPosts: 214 ✭✭✭
    edited June 10

That book looks very interesting! My taste in cookbooks has changed since I'm both corn free and gluten free. Would this one fit the bill in that department? I'm thinking there might be lots of bread tho. Corn not so much maybe?

Happy Birthday! Kinda fun to buy our own gifts to get exactly what we "need" 😁

• CorneliusCornelius Posts: 370 ✭✭✭

I feel like seed addict's are automatically book addicts (especially cookbooks lol).