How do I make this container work for plants?
I have had this lovely container for many years. Twice, I tried planting plants in it (grown herbs the second round). Twice, it failed to work well.
I found that any water I gave it poured out the top sets of holes. If I was lucky, it made its way down to the second level & out. Needless to say if anything continued to grow, it became spindly. Most often, it just died.
So I am on here, asking you wise folk, how to make it work once & for all.
I would also be open to alternative uses if anyone can think of any.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter