Seed Sale

Megan Venturella
Megan Venturella Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2021 in Other News

Renees Garden has 50% off their 2021 stock right now. Shipping isn’t free, but the only hybrid seeds I buy are from them, and they are amazing. Their pizza-my-heart peppers are to die for, and the tasty green cucumbers I’ve been buying from Kitazawa are sold by them as well. Nice to stock up/ refresh because some of my favorite seeds are older than I’d like to admit!

Comments

• RustBeltCowgirl
    RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the info. Will go out to check.

• VermontCathy
    VermontCathy Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm amazed at the number of sales and promotional emails and catalogs I am getting from seed suppliers, especially this late in the season. I suspect that the growers doubled down on the amount of seed produced last year after getting caught short by 2020 demand, and now they need to sell it.

This is a good time to stock up on seed for future years. Use good storage practices, and only buy seeds that will last several years. Avoid seeds for vegetables such as onions that don't retain sprouting ability well.

• Megan Venturella
    Megan Venturella Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭

Great advice, thank you. If you did some shopping after this post I hope I left something for you!

• dottile46
    dottile46 Posts: 437 ✭✭✭

So many of my seed suppliers had banners on their sites early in the season that they were filling commercial orders first or they were so far behind they stopped taking orders. I am sure that cut back some of their sales.

Also, the weather here in the midwestern USA has not been cooperative to good plant health. A month ago, when locally we would be setting out our tomatoes and planting warm weather crops, we were getting rain at least every other day with cooler than usual temperatures. Two weeks ago the rain started giving us a bit of a break and it warmed up to the lower 70's with lots of humidity. This week it is in the low to mid 90's with blistering sun.