Pitbulls, Alligators, Beavers, Raccoons OH MY
Hi Grownetworkers :)
I am staying with my mom near Savannah Georgia, and I thought I'd share some stories on the critters in my area. I walk my dog three times a day here and while it's a commercial area, seems like the animals don't care at all.
I literally posted on Instagram how much I love aminals the other day and well... this is what happened:
- Dropped my mom off with my dog in the front of the building at midnight on 6/6. Well, two pitbulls were waiting for me at the back of the building and it was almost like they wanted me. So, since I've worked with dozens of aggressive animals before, I figured I'd take my cute light blue hydroflask and check them out. I really didn't want them to get on the highway or attack someone who might be afraid. One of the two pitties growled at me and I told him to chill if he wanted help. By the time I parked and started walking around with them, a dude left the gym across the lot and they started trying to protect me from him. I felt so responsible. So I called 911 and then three sets of cops came and were afraid. My mom threw down a leash and muzzle from her balcony as she watched in terror. It was a glorious night as animal control couldn't work up the courage to handle them. So little ole 125 pound me ended handling them while they fought on the leash and acted like they wanted to attack the cops. I scruffed them and threw them in the truck by 1:30 am or so. Was quite the experience.
- The next evening, the latter end of the 6/6, I walked my pup in our normal green space behind the building and there were 10+ pairs of eyes staring at us. I turned on my iPhone flashlight to only comprehend that there was a huge pack of something in my path. I learned my lesson from the night before and simply turned around. They were too big to be kittens but also too small to be raccoons. Granted, we've had tons of rain, so who even knows what species I was dealing with.
- Then the next day I noticed my mom's window broke from a bird possibly and talked to the partner who fixes things here. He mentioned that one rainy season, he had to rescue a beaver and alligator in a span of two days from the very same parking lot due to heavy rain.
So while I walk my pup out here in the simplest little shopping center, I now realize that singing like Snow White might be attracting my friends more than I was prepared for. And there are probably tons of critters in the overgrown swamp that I sense staring at me every day.
Does this happen to any of you? Is this a Taurus thing? Lol animals have always frolicked with me, whether I'm at the beach or on a mountain peak.
Remember to establish thoughts of gratitude and respect when outside, and, in my opinion, the animals will absolutely respect you in return. A lot of times when you see animals approaching you, they're doing it out of curiosity or need. We are here to help them. They sense your feelings so, keep it together.
Having a Tibetan Mastiff has taught me a lot about controlling my emotions, or else she literally delivers my true feelings to people 😂
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter