Home   |   About Us   |   The Grow System   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Store   |   Forum Rules

Small Vegetable Garden — The Grow Network Community
We may have our differences, but nothing’s more important than family.

- Coco

Small Vegetable Garden

dipat2005dipat2005 Posts: 413 ✭✭✭

I am getting this garden bed ready to plant. it is a strip that is quite long but less than 16inches wide. I plan to plant green beans, (peas in late July), bunching onions, swiss chard, spinach and kale. I have done many 12 inch gardens and the square foot gardening plan before. Like usual I will be using my own method of garden seed tape.

I am hoping to post a picture with this information. This is a before I put the soil down. I just emptied one bag of good soil into already good soil. First I had to remove the rocks. My Great Grandchildren like to paint rocks so I gladly gave the rocks away.

I had hoped to do a raised bed garden but in the interest of time I am opting to add soil including compost, perlite and other good stuff. My sweet granddaughter-in-law gave me some of Nature's Best and I added that to the garden I used last year where I will plant beets, bunching onions, and carrots. It has soil that is really great.

Does anyone else have a garden like this. If this picture loaded correctly it is the small dirt strip to the left of the yellow line. The box is the collector of all things trash.

Comments

• Lisa KLisa K Posts: 664 ✭✭✭✭✭

My dad had a garden running along a retaining wall at a house he used to live in. The bottom level of the yard he grew blackberries and the upper level he also grew beans and peas.

• Monek MarieMonek Marie Moderator Posts: 2,225 admin

@dipat2005

It will be great. I just love seeing small spaces used to their fullest potential.