Small Vegetable Garden
I am getting this garden bed ready to plant. it is a strip that is quite long but less than 16inches wide. I plan to plant green beans, (peas in late July), bunching onions, swiss chard, spinach and kale. I have done many 12 inch gardens and the square foot gardening plan before. Like usual I will be using my own method of garden seed tape.
I am hoping to post a picture with this information. This is a before I put the soil down. I just emptied one bag of good soil into already good soil. First I had to remove the rocks. My Great Grandchildren like to paint rocks so I gladly gave the rocks away.
I had hoped to do a raised bed garden but in the interest of time I am opting to add soil including compost, perlite and other good stuff. My sweet granddaughter-in-law gave me some of Nature's Best and I added that to the garden I used last year where I will plant beets, bunching onions, and carrots. It has soil that is really great.
Does anyone else have a garden like this. If this picture loaded correctly it is the small dirt strip to the left of the yellow line. The box is the collector of all things trash.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter