I've Been In Missouri One Year!
My one year anniversary of returning to my home state occurred this week! I left in the fall of 2006, spent 10 years near Seattle and 4 in Idaho.
My sister and Mom are treating me to a Bluegrass and Desert Under the Stars event tonight at their favorite bed and breakfast. We are also celebrating my semi-retirement. One more week of 12 hour shifts in the hospital kitchen, then I'm free to find creative ways to come up with the few hundred dollars I need each month to keep the bills paid. Looking forward to sleeping late (at least til 6 am!) and having coffee on the couch with the cats every day.
I have harvested several cherry tomatoes and some herbs from my patio garden. It's a pleasant spot to sit and I plan to do a lot more of that! Realistically, I can take the laptop out and work from there.
It's a little scary not having a job to go to. I'll get used to it, though.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter