Today's animal laugh - Barnyard humor
Some of you may know my one goat (a buck) has recently developed an attitude I am pleased to say one day of being spritzed with cider vinegar has really seemed to help. If I say NO loudly, he keeps his distance. But I admit until, I know he has really changed I don't turn my back on him.
While having his attitude issue he literally destroyed his pen. I have not had time to fix it and since he has stayed in a 30 foot area, and happily munching on poison ivy, I have let him run loose. Yes, this may be a mistake and I plan to get fence repaired tomorrow afternoon.
This evening I was finishing off all the animals,. making sure they had water and giving them their evening snack. I had one goat food bag that was just about empty so I just took the bag with me. My hands were full and I was still keeping a good eye on Mr. Attitude so I dropped the bag on the ground.
As I was feeding everyone else, Mr. Attitude had to check out the bag. To make sure he had any crumbs he tipped the bag up and it went totally over his head and down to his shoulders. He shook his head and could not get it off. As a matter of fact, it was on more secure. So he started running around the back yard.
Yes, I was laughing. And yes, I just let him run. He finally realized he could not see and came to a complete standstill. I went over and cautiously took the bag off.
What a look he had on his face!
So what have your animals done that made you laugh?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter