Our own little wilderness
Yes, the name suits the property well. It's wild and thoroughly overgrown.
But it has so much to offer and a lot of what I'd like to try/do/grow has already been started in some form or fashion. The house hasn't been taken care of well and not lived in the last few years. We're basically gutting it for the most part and starting over. The nice thing is we'll get to make it "ours" even more this way, it will just take a little longer until we can actually live in it.
A bit about the property, it's about 10 acres, that backs up to the Middle Tiger River. It has a small Cap Cod style cottage on it along with a few other buildings and still others in various states of disrepair. There is a well but we do have access to city water if we want it.
And now for what you've all been waiting for, the pictures.😊
These are all of the first half/part of the property. We haven't been able to get to the other half very easily because it's so over grown. But our little Craftsman lawn mower was finally taken out to our new place. And some mowing was done so I'll be able to get some pictures down by the water and of the open areas that have pecan trees planted here and there.
I'll try to get some more pictures tonight when we go over there again.
But as you can see lots of work to do, some already underway.😊
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 528 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter