Setting time aside to forage
Spring and summer seem to be one of the busiest times for foraging. And all of a sudden you have missed a crop or are just on the brink of having it too far along to use.
I have set aside 2 hours a day (not an easy feat) to forage. I consider it a time to forage but also a time for exercise and relaxation. So by combining a few tasks into one event I can make sure I do it.
I have leaned so much her in the forum about useful plants that I want to make sure I collect them for future use.
And if I have a rainy day unfit for foraging outdoors? I forage the roadways for useful items or go in the garage and get out items I can craft or re-create with. Its still foraging, just another group of items
Do you have trouble setting time aside to forage?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter