Foraging Tree & Berry Leaves for Tea (ZONES 1-4A)
This is piggybacking off another thread about the show, "Alone".
@torey I would like to know what berry & tree leaves are good for tea? I am being a bit selfish here, thinking of zone 1 through 4a, both cultivated & wild.
Can you give basic benefits for each and basic prep?
I don't remember if I'd heard of using birch leaves for tea before. Tell me more. If I've only forgotten this can be a refresher. 😉
As for all of the above, I'd also like to know when would be the best time to harvest.
Listing them in list/bullet form would help for quick reference as we go through our season.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter