Old Sayings/Clichés: Let's have some fun!
I tend to use a lot of old sayings when I write here. My goodness, I only usually recognize them when I write them down, otherwise, I can't think of any specifically. Haha
I know some are quite common over a wide area, and some are quite specific to a region. Considering, I thought that it could be fun to swap a few, especially since we are a worldwide group!
I just used "not the sharpest tack in the barrel" in the haying thread. What others do you use? I don't want them to only be about the swiftness of (or lack of) others, but should cover all subjects!
Feel free to come back and add more whenever you find yourself using one. I will try to do the same.
If you know the origin of the term, please share that as well.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter