Kelp/Seaweed for livestock
We are considering finding some for all of our livestock.
Considering that kelp has been proven to fight viruses (prevent & treat infection), I wonder if this could be a choice way to fight all the nasties that chickens can get? Some can't even be treated with meds, are extremely contagious, and become deadly quickly. I don't want to use meds on them and the ones used to fight these bad things are only available from a vet at high prices & in large quantities, making them next to impossible to get.
Of course, we would be looking for a source in Canada.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter