Mid season garden plantings

Monek Marie
Monek Marie Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

My first round of crops are in the ground but I stagger crops and it won't be long before I have to think off planting cool weather crops.

Its so warm outside today I am starting a few of my crops I stagger indoors to be taken out next week (cucumber, broccolli, spinach, lettuce, and a few herbs) and a brussell sprout that is a short season variety so I can start in now and have a nice crop at the perfect time.

I am starting some of those cute and wonderful cucumbers that look like mini watermelons and some cool season flowers

It seems funny to be starting so much just when the crops are taking off but I still have 3 1/2 months of gardening outdoors to prepare for.

What crops will you be starting soon?

Comments

• jowitt.europe
    jowitt.europe Posts: 1,467 admin

@Monek Marie it is quite sad. The summer has just started and it is already time to start thinking about autumn harvest. It’s life. We do also have quite a short time. We are already enjoying the third generation of radishes, the second bunch of peas is growing and the first ones are ripe to harvest, I might still sow the third one. Children love them. More lettuce? Not sure. When tomatoes start we forget all about lettuce. Spinach is a good idea.

• dipat2005
    dipat2005 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Monek Marie I just planted more bean seeds today. I also planted a small celery. I usually plant fall seeds around July 25th and will be planting peas and onions this year. I still have some flowers (Zinnia) I got from the Library in a craft kit.

• Sheila
    Sheila Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

Next round of cabbage, beets and carrots are going in tomorrow and beans the following day. Peas will go in near the end of July for fall:)