Smoothies in a Bowl

MaryRowe
MaryRowe Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭

Everybody on Mountain Rose Herbs newsletter list is probably seeing this too, but for those who aren't check out these yummy recipes--what a refreshing summer snack! And think how many nutritious greens you could hide in those recipes, and still have a sweet bowl of goodness.

Comments

• COWLOVINGIRL
    COWLOVINGIRL Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭

Yuuuuuuuum! You can be so creative with these. So much fun!

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Moderator Posts: 3,231 admin

I have never done smoothies before but these look really good.

• Cornelius
    Cornelius Posts: 751 admin

These look good! I will have to bust out my blender.

• annbeck62
    annbeck62 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭✭

For me, I've found the key is too make sure they turn out thick like ice cream instead of runny like soup.

• JodieDownUnder
    JodieDownUnder Moderator Mid North Coast AustraliaPosts: 1,328 admin

@MaryRowe smoothie breakfast bowls have become very popular in Australia, especially cafe’s. A thick smoothie base with lots of healthy things added. You’re even encouraged to create your own. Easy to do at home and adds a bit of variety. A great healthy alternative and gets some hidden goodies into the kids.

• MaryRowe
    MaryRowe Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭

@JodieDownUnder Sounds like the Australians are ahead of us in the US, or at least the Midwest, on this one. I hadn't seen, or even thought about making smoothie bowls till I saw that article, And then I didn't think of breakfast so much as a healthy and satisfying substitute for ice cream, which I dearly love, especially in summer. If I had kids, I would definitely use this tactic to get some healthy food into them....

Did you know?

Bamboo is the fastest-growing woody plant in the world; it can grow 35 inches in a single day.

🍅 Tomatoes: From Seeds To Sauce Toolkit 🍅

Master this Holy Grail of Gardening and benefit from a plant that offers tons of essential vitamins and nutrients!

Learn More

Over 610,088 people are apart of The Grow Network.

You can help us reach 1 Million! Give the gift of sustainability by sending your loved ones a Grow Network gift card.

Give them what they want

Today, do the biggest small thing that will better the world, and be satisfied with your efforts.

Marjory Wildcraft
Join our Discord Chat!

Get even more connected with The Grow Network.

Dive in here