Smoothies in a Bowl

MaryRowe
MaryRowe Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭

Everybody on Mountain Rose Herbs newsletter list is probably seeing this too, but for those who aren't check out these yummy recipes--what a refreshing summer snack! And think how many nutritious greens you could hide in those recipes, and still have a sweet bowl of goodness.

Comments

• COWLOVINGIRL
    COWLOVINGIRL Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭

Yuuuuuuuum! You can be so creative with these. So much fun!

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have never done smoothies before but these look really good.

• Cornelius
    Cornelius Posts: 872 ✭✭✭✭

These look good! I will have to bust out my blender.

• annbeck62
    annbeck62 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭

For me, I've found the key is too make sure they turn out thick like ice cream instead of runny like soup.

• JodieDownUnder
    JodieDownUnder Posts: 1,483 admin

@MaryRowe smoothie breakfast bowls have become very popular in Australia, especially cafe’s. A thick smoothie base with lots of healthy things added. You’re even encouraged to create your own. Easy to do at home and adds a bit of variety. A great healthy alternative and gets some hidden goodies into the kids.

• MaryRowe
    MaryRowe Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭

@JodieDownUnder Sounds like the Australians are ahead of us in the US, or at least the Midwest, on this one. I hadn't seen, or even thought about making smoothie bowls till I saw that article, And then I didn't think of breakfast so much as a healthy and satisfying substitute for ice cream, which I dearly love, especially in summer. If I had kids, I would definitely use this tactic to get some healthy food into them....