Great Intro Article

MaryRowe
MaryRowe Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭

This article just showed up on my email. Folks in this TGN community probably know all these techniques and do all or most of them already. But the article is so well done that I thought it would be handy to have it to forward on to friends who are new to gardening. I do have mixed feelings about it being a plug for Gardeners Supply though--they offer great stuff and good service, but I rarely buy from them and only if it is a very good sale, because they are so expensive.

Maybe we could start a list of good intro article to have handy for new gardeners?

Comments

• Michelle D
    Michelle D Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the idea of a list of good intro articles. I remember having trouble figuring out where to start when I first decided to try gardening. The few people that I had in my life that were available for asking questions had been doing it for so long things seemed obvious to them that really weren't to someone with no experience.

I agree that this article is well written and is something that up until a week ago I had assumed a lot of people would know. I was very wrong. I was discussing some of the ideas in the article with some friends and family just last week and they were shocked at the information.

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very good article.

I have been wanted to re0place more of my yard with a wild flower mix or something more beneficial than grass