How long will this crisis last? TGN update 2021 07 14 by Marjory

Marjory Wildcraft
Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

OK, today I answer the question many people have been asking me - how long will this crisis last and what should I prepare for?

And, I give a quick update on the behind the scenes at TGN, plus a bit about what I'm up to these days.

PLEASE pardon my wet messy hair! I had just gone swimming and didn't think about what I looked like. OMG, I didn't notice that until I reviewed the video to upload... Sigh, if you are into "image" than clearly this is not your community! LOL

And definitely put your questions down below in the comments area and I'll do my best to answer you in my next weeks update.

Tagged:

Comments

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin

Haha I, a Canadian, got a shout out from Puerto Rico of all places. Not too bad. I'm looking forward to hearing about your special cooling drink!

Good luck on your community garden. It sounds like you have a good start on it already. @Monek Marie started a thread on the same topic a while back. She might be a good one to chat with on this. I think bringing in ideas from the locals there and getting them involved in a hands on way is terrific! Would there be young people who might be able to work/team up with & learn alongside some of the elders? That is a garden of wisdom that, when invested in, will pay dividends now & in the future!

I just mentioned authenticity in another thread. You are authentic and don't need to put on airs. What garden demands a perfect, polished owner?

I personally think we will be in this crisis for a very long time and it will get worse. Our provincial premier was bold enough to say that our grandchildren will still be paying for this way into the future. That is true in many facets of the crisis at hand. I think it will be in so many areas of their lives and it is our responsibility to soften the blow in whatever way we can and to teach skills for resilience. We can't afford to fail.

Now I am off to look over the other website. Don't forget to put an always ready, easy to use link to it somewhere on the forum. We need it always visible so we don't forget that it is there. Maybe @Jimerson could look into that for us?

Anyway, good video. One thing...and this could just be where I am I find that Vimeo is usually a very glitchy platform for me to view a video on. I'm not sure if others find that too.

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Marjory Wildcraft @LaurieLovesLearning

Community gardens are a love of mine. it creates lasting frindships, so much learning opportunities and builds or rebuilds a community faster than anything else. You will find many people willing to donate items.

Our one community garden I worked with had a shared children garden area. It was so fun to watch their amazement and wonder of gardening.

One other think we have done in a few community gardens is to have a fall harvest party. It can be simple or more elaborate.