A recycled pallet barn

RustBeltCowgirl
RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now, how cool is this. Need a barn and can't afford one right away. Just might work.

Comments

• JennyT Upstate South Carolina
    JennyT Upstate South Carolina Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is pretty cool. @RustBeltCowgirl

I don't know of any place around here in SC though that you can get full sided pallets. But if get you enough pallets you could take off the wood from some and add it to the others to make full sided pallets I suppose.😊

• COWLOVINGIRL
    COWLOVINGIRL Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭

I am building something like this right now.

• Michelle D
    Michelle D Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love this idea. I have been having fun making things from pallets. This barn design looks so simple. I might try something like this.

• naomi.kohlmeier
    naomi.kohlmeier Posts: 380 ✭✭✭

This is a great idea. I built my chicken coop out of pallets! All the wood was free except for the plywood for the sides and door. We also bought one bale of shingles.

• marjstratton
    marjstratton Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭

With the price of lumber now, this sounds like a really great idea.

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

Almost all my small shelters are made from pallets. One company sets out a lot that have covers on. The cover is thin but if you put tar paper, shingles or tin on you can put up a building fast with almost no cost.

I also hit the local garage sales up for nails and other hardware. I can usually buy supplies like this for a dollar a coffee can. (maybe 5 pounds?)

Thanks for the link @RustBeltCowgirl Its alwasy nice to see what others are doing