Shocking prices at a farm stand!
I went to my favorite farm stand yesterday and I was in price shock!! A watermelon that was small but larger than personal size was $8,39 and the 3 large nectarines and 3 large peaches for $3.79 pound came to #13.64. Ouch!
I do want to take one of my great grandson's out to the farm next week but I will certainly be watching the sticker prices better.
The prices at Trader Joe's have been much more reasonable. Has anyone else had such experiences lately??
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter