Seeking help in processing aloe vera gel for long-term use
The plant-aholic and decluttering threads encouraged me to ask for help with excess aloe vera plants.
I need to learn to discard baby plants that I cannot use. I have three large planters outside with aloe and they are not cold hardy enough for this climate. I also confess to having six small aloe vera potted plants inside the house.
I gave away all the plant pups I could (now I had a sudden mental image of a litter of dog pups needing adoption!!).
My inside plants are available fresh for first aid needs. I would like to process the rest for maybe salve or even edible uses.
Does anyone know how to preserve aloe vera gel in any form? Your help would be appreciated.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter