Lyme borreliosis. Any experiences?
I got it. Lyme Borreliosis. I was so proud saying that ticks do not like me, because I eat a lot of garlic that I did not bother using any essential oil before going into the meadows or woods. I had a tick, pulled it out. After 10 days I got a typical expanding red rash. I knew diagnosis before going to the doctor for a prescription. I took antibiotics for 10 days. The rash is gone, the body reacted correctly. I had no other symptoms rather than this rash. However I am very much aware that Lyme Borreliose might be a cause for some other symptoms in the long run.
Has anybody had any other treatment rather than antibiotics. Has anybody used any herbs for later treatment? I have read that wild teasel tincture (Dipsacus fullonum, syn. Dipsacus sylvestris) is sometimes recommenced. I have plenty of it in my garden.
I am sure that I got it when my immune system got weaker. Thus, I believe, strengthening immune system is essential. What else?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter