Harvested my first Burdock roots.
Yesterday I dug up my first crop of Burdock. I only put a few seeds in late last spring, not in the best spot in my garden but they did do well and now I have roots drying out.
My question is, after they’ve dried out what is the best way to process them? Blender, chop with a knife? Is it best to chop up first and then dry? Your knowledge would be gratefully received.
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 28 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter