Getting Creative and Using All the Garden Vegetables | Creamed Greens and Potatoes
I have to admit... I never thought of mixing greens and potatoes.
I'm not sure why this thought has never come to me, because it happens to be AH-MAZING!
This year, I, unfortunately, do not have an abundance of any one thing and therefore am unable to preserve my harvest (like the whole reason why I garden).
Needless to say, I've been getting creative with what I've been doing with my harvest.
Here are a few recent threads:
Okay, now that we got that out of the way...
Here is what I did....
Sauteed potatoes (in bacon gold), added mushrooms, then onions...then garlic...
Then greens (in this case chard, spinach, and kale) and sauted for a minute or two...
Then, my homemade vegetable stock. I let it cook down almost completely so everything was perfectly cooked.
Next, the MAGIC happened and I added some butter and cream!
And again, let it go for several minutes so it thickens nicely!
Of course, there is salt and pepper, bacon,...sometimes chili flakes...or parmesan...or any number of things i feel like adding! But, this is the basic and it's sooooo good!
Why have I never thought of combining potatoes and greens?! So YUM!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter