preparing the body for vaccines

Annie Kate
Annie Kate Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2021 in General Health

I am asking this question here not to cause controversy but because I know it is a safe and knowledgeable space to ask a question.

Mandatory covid vaccinations for work seem to be looming on our horizon and I'm wondering how best to prepare the body to deal with them safely and to minimize side effects. Our family has various health issues and has had serious, medically-recognized adverse vaccine reactions in the past. We are not wealthy enough to retire nor to fight a full legal battle.

Comments

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

@Annie Kate I'm afraid I don't know of any way to prepare the body for the stimulation the immune system will receive from any vaccine (COVID or any other). I have no idea how any herbal preparations will be affected by the vaccines. If you were to try an immune modulator for example, it might affect the efficacy of the vaccine. Or the vaccine might overpower any herbs rendering them ineffective. There haven't been any studies that I am aware of, comparing results of herbal preparations before or after vaccines. Big Pharma wouldn't like that. You could try some adaptogens as they will help with any kind of stress that the body is experiencing.

Vaccine "passports" are being mandated in BC but not for essential services like retail stores. Restaurants, movie theatres, bars & nightclubs, gyms and other non-essential services will require proof of vaccination. Not a problem for me as I don't go to any of these establishments. But even people who are eligible for medical exemptions from vaccines are not exempt from the no-go rule to non-essential businesses. Workers are not required to be vaccinated, only patrons. Something to do with labour laws and preventing people from working. Check that out in your province.

If you do decide to get the vaccines, and have any adverse reactions, there are ways to treat that. There are homeopathic remedies that will assist and there are herbs/supplements that can be of benefit as well.

Mod opinion:

This is not a pro or anti vaccine discussion. Let's keep it on the topic of how to keep our bodies healthy if we make the personal decision to get a vaccine.

• Annie Kate

OK, thank you for that @torey.

And thank you for pointing out that in BC workers do not need the passports even though patrons do. That might help my daughter who is high risk for side effects and works at a gym.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin

Thank you @torey. I agree that it is wise to see just what exactly mandated regulations involve and become well informed of effects from all angles before proceeding, especially since inoculation is an irreversible action.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    edited August 2021

MOD HAT ON:

I support Torey in her above mod statement and it is worth repeating here more officially in case it gets missed.

This is not a place to post opinions.

This thread is an enquiry into further natural helps should one decide to move forward with the vaccine. It is well known that adverse side effects can and do occur and that some people are more susceptible than others to experience a negative reaction.

As moderators, we will be watching this thread very closely to make sure that it stays on topic and further posts don't violate our guidelines. If it is deemed that they do, they will be removed without further explanation, with the potential closure of this thread also being a possibility.

MOD HAT OFF.

• shllnzl
    shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have read that some families super dose on Vitamin C prior to vaccine, same again right after the shot, then again later that day, and the day following. Basically, they take large doses of Vitamin C for three days.

My husband did the same -- I wonder how much worse his bad reaction might have been had he not done that treatment.

• JodieDownUnder
    JodieDownUnder Posts: 1,483 admin

@Annie Kate I chose to have the Astra Zeneca vaccine and I’m only 2 weeks away from my 2nd jab. I though about what extra things I could do to prepare my body for that. I realised what I consume every day was as good as it’s going to get. Keeping a strong immune system, eating healthy food (as much home grown as possible) exercise and having a good mental outlook. I had no problem with my 1st jab and don’t anticipate any with my 2nd. I’m actually looking forward to being fully vaccinated.

• Tave
    Tave Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Annie Kate, I did not plan on getting the vaccine, but we can't always control circumstances.

As soon as I knew I had to get it to keep doing what's important to me, I went on an anti-inflammatory diet. My choice was Whole30. A week later, when I got the vaccine (J&J), I drank oregano tea (1/4 cup dried oregano steeped in freshly boiled water for 15 minutes) every day for three days. If I had Vit C, I would have taken that in high doses, too.

That was a little over a week ago, and I'm still on the anti-inflammatory diet: no sugar, no grains, no dairy, and no legumes. Obviously, no chemicals. I plan on staying on it for the 21 days that it's supposed to take for the vaccine to be fully active.

The inflammation the vaccine caused is starting to go down. I think that kept me from getting sick.

• Annie Kate

Thanks @shllnzl . I hope your husband is doing better. Where did you get the info to do lots of vitamin C? It makes sense but I'd like to read more about it if you have a source.

I hope things go well for you @JodieDownUnder . Lots of people have no ill effects.

Thank you for this info @Tave. It is very helpful. Where did you get the info to drink oregano tea and to do lots of vitamin C? It makes sense but I'd like to read more about it if you have a source.

• Tave

I've heard it from several sources, but this one explains it scientifically.

I think the oregano tea idea I got from Scott Sexton or Doc Jones. They don't make a tea with it, but I figured if oregano oil is such a good antibacterial, antibiotic, and antiviral, why not? It's not the best tasting, but it usually knocks out whatever I'm coming down with.

• Annie Kate

Thanks, @Tave . That explains it for covid itself, but I was hoping for a study of vitamin C for reducing likelihood of vaccine side effects in particular. Such studies have probably not been done, though.

• Tave

@Annie Kate, it's basically the same reason. The doctor told me that the vaccine would lower my defenses for three weeks.

My sister told me that her homeopath told her thuja would help counteract the vaccine's effects. I don't know anything about it, but it's worth looking into.

• karenjanicki
    karenjanicki Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭

Honestly I would do a detox afterwards and use a poultice such as prickly pear to attempt to draw it out. I do not want the vaccine but if I'm forced that's what I intend to do. On Amazon there are books about detoxing after vaccines.

• Annie Kate

Thanks, @Tave. I will look up thuja.

I never thought of that, @karenjanicki. So poultice the injection site? That's brilliant! Thank you.

• Torey

Thuja is the standard homeopathic remedy for after affects of any vaccine. Its a good choice to start with. There are others if Thuja doesn't work. Remedies have been made from the vaccines themselves that are being used by some homeopaths to counter the negative side effects of the vaccines.

All of this highlights that we are all individuals and there is no single cure all for everyone. Many people are fine with the vaccines regardless of which kind(s) you are given. But as we are individuals we can have a wide range of reactions as we are seeing in some people. This is true about anything; pharmaceuticals, herbs, homeopathic remedies and any other treatment. Some people are just more sensitive than others or may have underlying conditions that can affect any of the meds/preparations we take.

I think most of us here on TGN have made the alterations to our diets and lifestyles that make our immune systems function perhaps a bit better than those who eat the Standard American Diet and don't exercise. So that prepares us better for both the vaccine or the actual virus itself. I think we can safely add things like extra vitamins or adaptogens to get us through either situation.

But I'd like to put out a warning here because I heard of this in my immediate neighbourhood. Someone found a crazy post somewhere deep on the internet and passed it around to the point that 3 people were doing this. HORSE WORMER WILL NOT PREVENT OR CURE COVID-19 or protect you from after effects of the vaccine. Please do not take horse wormer!!!!!

• annbeck62
    annbeck62 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭

I'm one of those super sensitive people. I had to get an antigen test to travel earlier this summer and had a bad reaction to the ethylene oxide used to preserve the swab. Immediately I got a headache and my nose and throat started closing up. I didn't know what was causing it at the time but found out later. Is anyone aware of something you can take before to protect yourself in case I need to get another test?

• Torey

@annbeck62 That sounds almost like an anaphylactic reaction. Throat closing is pretty serious. If you have to have another test, ask if they can do a spit test instead. They were using those in schools here in my province for awhile so as not to traumatize kids. Definitely let them know you have a reaction to ethylene oxide.

• annbeck62
    annbeck62 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭

@torey ok, thank you. I think spit tests are harder to find here but I will seek it out.

• Tave

@Annie Kate My brother's herbalist sent him information from David Wolfe. I'm only putting the useful part because the rest isn't appropriate for this site.😉 https://groups.google.com/g/marlboroughgroup/c/0DcWu4SDSGM

He has a good reputation, but maybe @torey can confirm or deny the value of this list.

This is the Nutrition Protocol to Prevent Damage from Spike Protein and Derivatives due to Injection and to Protect from Spike Protein Shedding:

• Zinc (30-80mg per day depending on immunological pressure)

• Vitamin D3*

• Lypospheric Vitamin C (30ml, twice daily)*

• Quercetin (500-1000 mg, twice daily)

• Iodine*

• PQQ*

• Pine Needle Tea for shikimic acid or shikimate (from green edible pine needles) There are toxic pine needles, be careful! When drinking pine needle tea, drink the oil/resin that accumulates too! Shikimate, shikimic acid, and their derivatives possess cancer-fighting, antiviral, antimicrobial, anticoagulant, and antithrombotic properties.

• Fennel and/or Star Anise Tea: These are also an excellent source of shikimate or shikimic acid (which is known to neutralize the spike protein)

• C60 (1-3 droppers full per day): One of the issues we are seeing with those who have been injected is disturbances in their energetic field (magnetism) and hot spots of inflammation. C60 is a rich source of electrons and acts like a fire extinguisher to inflammation and simultaneously (because it bio-distributes throughout the body) drives a normalization of electron flow throughout the body. In this category, we offer two products, the traditional C60 product* is made by yours truly and the C60 SuperConcentrate* is made by a carbon scientist friend of mine and contains a higher concentration of electrons.

• Charcoal (2-4 capsules a day): Charcoal is the pre-eminent detoxifier and when taken on an empty stomach, works its way down into the intestines and activates a blood purification process known as “interstitial dialysis”. Our Kohlbitr* product is the premier activated coconut charcoal in the world and we also now offer the more gentle birch charcoal.*

•Citrus fruit (especially blood oranges, due to their high hesperidin content — hesperidin is a chalcone like quercetin that deactivates spike protein)

Peppermint (very high in hesperidin)

Wheatgrass and Wheatgrass Juice (blades are high in shikimate)

• Superherbs to help disable spike protein:

Schizandra Berry* (high in shikimate)

Triphala formulations: In Sanskrit, the word Triphala means "three fruits”: a combination of Indian gooseberry (Emblica Officinalis), black myrobalan (Terminalia chebula) and belleric myrobalan (Terminalia belerica). The terminalia fruits are rich in shikimate.

St. John’s Wort (shikimate is found throughout the entire plant and in the flowers)

Comfrey Leaf (rich in shikimate)

Feverfew (leaves and flowers are rich in shikimate)

Gingko Biloba Leaf (rich in shikimate)

GiantHyssop or Horsemint (Agastache urtifolia) (rich in shikimate)

Liquidambar (Sweet Gum tree) A tea of the spiky seed pods is rich in shikimate.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    edited September 2021

Wow, @Tave. David Wolfe knows his stuff. This certainly looks useful. Thank you.

I think it would be very beneficial to just start writing all of these things, that are given to us by these great herbalists, down in one place so that they are handy. I wonder how many like me have papers with great information that never seem to make it into that handy one place.

• AdrienneHew
    AdrienneHew Posts: 94 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

I started a nutrition group on discord where we have a section on covid science and this protocol was posted. https://open.spotify.com/episode/01InVaZ7ulHPk9I5VGDaQ9

i do however question how effective anything would be unless the replication can be halted early enough.

• Torey

@Tave Wow. This is quite the list. Are all these meant to be taken as a total protocol or just a pick and choose kind of thing? As to whether or not it prevents spike protein shedding or prevents damage from vaccines, I haven't studied the spike protein enough to be qualified to answer that. When I was doing some googling this protocol seemed to come up on several different sites but can't find it anywhere on David Wolfe's site.

I've started looking into it because I am not familiar with some of the items. Never heard of PPQ before or C60 or lypospheric vitamin C. It may take me awhile to go through all of this.

There is quite a bit of evidence to support the use of Vitamins C & D3, Quercetin and Zinc for immune & antiviral support as well as tissue repair. There are cautions against taking iodine long term or during pregnancy or persons with thyroid issues.

I know about shikimic acid but wasn't familiar with shikimate. When I looked it up, the term seems to refer to a pathway facilitating the metabolism of carbohydrates to certain essential amino acids. There are quite a few plants that have shikimic acid in varying quantities. Star anise seems to be one of the best sources of shikimic acid and has been used to make the antiviral drug Tamiflu. Liquidambar does have some shikimic acid but I wouldn't call it a "rich" source. Similarly with members of the Pinaceae family. The Norfolk Island Pine is higher but it is an Araucariaceae family not Pinaceae. This species can cause dermatitis in sensitive individuals and may be poisonous to pets. I can find no reference anywhere on the internet to comfrey containing shikimic acid except in reference to this protocol.

I will get back to you on the rest of the list.

• Annie Kate

@AdrienneHew is this nutrition group closed or is it open to all?

• LaurieLovesLearning

@AdrienneHew I haven't had the time to go through the content in the podcast, but I keep finding it interesting how most effective treatments for the virus seem to center around things that we should be taking in for good health anyway. Vit D, C, zinc, niacin (a B vitamin), and so on.

Keeping in good and intentional health by eating proper (real foods) and a balanced diet will always go a long way in keeping us healthy.

• Desiree
    Desiree Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

From my personal experiences it really depends on the vaccine too. Some of my family who received Pfizer had little to no side effects, but I had Moderna and did. The side effects were minimal and manageable with some herbal remedies that I took after a couple of days. I did not want to restrict the effects or my immune system's response. It was simply to provide comfort for the symptoms, not alter the response. (For example, injection site pain, comfort care for chills/fever, minor aches but MOSTLY hydration) .

• Tave

Thanks, @torey PPQ was listed as something on David Wolfe's site, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore. It may be a complex that he created. Since it's such a large list, I'm assuming that it is offering more options to offer a better chance to find something that works on an individual level.

• AdrienneHew

So strange! I answered this and another thread yesterday, but my comments are gone.

• AdrienneHew

@Annie Kate , it is open to anyone interested, but my moniker is the Nutrition Heretic, so the nutrition part (which is not really happening so much at present) may be upsetting to non-omnivores. You can access it here: https://discord.gg/C5W86azWEx. The Covid channel in there strives to stick to science and policy issues vs. political and theories, unless disclosed as in, "I have this personal theory....." I just prefer to keep it focused on things we know for sure, like the CDC's patent on the spike protein being added to SARS1 from 2003 https://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=7220852.PN.&OS=PN/7220852&RS=PN/7220852. See where I'm going?

@LaurieLovesLearning , absolutely! Back in fall 2019, I was really into Japanese news and it was interesting to notice their transition from telling the truth to making sure their messaging aligned with US media. Before then, they were looking at natural remedies, old SARS drugs and sharing how homeopathy and supplements helped in various countries including China. In this video, Dr. Kats advocates mega doses of niacin + glutathione and NAC mainly. Personally, I believe more people need to understand that homeostasis actually exists and that it is the priority of the body to keep the host alive -- we just need to give it the right tools (all the stuff you mention), not confuse the heck out of it.

@Desiree , I know a lot of people damaged by the Pfizer shot -- stroke and death, a few got sick or had serious swelling at the site of injection. I worked for Pfizer, so.....not surprised. We need long term studies to truly understand what is related and what is not, but even illness and death within a few hours is typically denied as having any association. Pfizer and Moderna shots are virtually the same. Since there is nothing written on the PI (package insert), we don't even know that for sure though. I suspect that there are controls though as it will obscure results. We know from the conditional approval letter the FDA sent to Pfizer, the vials are not consistent https://www.fda.gov/media/151710/download, so this may also explain why some fare better than others.

Be well, everybody!

• LaurieLovesLearning
    edited September 2021

@AdrienneHew I checked it out and for some reason, your posts got stuck in spam. It happens for seemingly no reason on occasion.

If you check, you will see that they are now where they belong. 😄

• vickeym
    vickeym Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great information. Thank you all for sharing.

• Annie Kate

Thanks @AdrienneHew! I'm currently overwhelmed with garden harvest, new job stuff, and puppies, but hope to have time soon.

This discussion has been closed.