It sure looked like we might have frost
But we didn't. We covered everything up, but it was a lot of work for nothing. Oh well, I guess that is a good thing.
I saw the forecast going down for Wed. night every day this week. At the last minute, after we had covered everything, it went up. Now, it looks like we have at least a week, maybe more of cool and damp growing time. I am not convinced that this is a good thing, as the tomatoes are having splitting issues, which is very odd here. I suspect that it is from the extreme dryness.
Needless to say, I think that we will be picking many of them green to try to avoid further damage. I am scared to leave them on the plant.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter