What do you do with rose hips?
I have recently collected quite a few beautiful, red, fat rose hips. I know there is a lot of work to clean them - get rid of seeds and tiny hair inside the hips. I also know that they are very rich of vitamin C and, especially during autumn are great to strengthen the immune system. How do you prepare and preserve rose hips?
so far I have cleaned them and am ready to dry some, but I have more than some and would happily find usefull and delicious ways of preserving this wonderful wild medicine.
This Week's Leaders
- 605 All Categories
- 21 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 25 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 200 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 377 Current Events & Breaking News
- 1K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.2K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 405 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 28 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 289 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 297 The Homestead: DIY
- 853 Personal Journals
- 76 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter