FREE: Rosalee is back! Sept 23, 2021

LaurieLovesLearning
LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin
edited September 2021 in Other Courses

Here is something that may be of interest to many of you who wonder how to get results from the herbs you use. There will be a replay until Sept 29, but you still need to sign up!

Comments

• MaryRowe
    MaryRowe Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting--I got the email too, but the link to register wasn't working for me. Your link works though, so I'm glad you put it up here!

• marjstratton
    marjstratton Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭

I got the email and have signed up. I will be able to only watch live on Thursday but it will be a great review. I have taken classes from her before.

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

I love all her classes. I also signed up

• JodieDownUnder
    JodieDownUnder Posts: 1,483 admin

@LaurieLovesLearning signed up. I do like the “way” Rosalee has about her and she seems to love passing on her knowledge, easy to listen to and understand.

• LaurieLovesLearning

I have all of the kids involved. We each filled out our own questionnaires so far and are looking forward to our teas tomorrow!

• karenjanicki
    karenjanicki Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭

Cool! Thanks for sharing this :)

• JodieDownUnder
    JodieDownUnder Posts: 1,483 admin

@LaurieLovesLearning I signed up but didn’t get a chance to check it out. Fortunately they’ve put together a condensed version which runs for 1.5 hrs and that replay runs for a few days. I’m about 1/2 way through. I was wondering what @torey your take is on the energetics. Seems to make sense that different people will have different results with different herbs.

• LaurieLovesLearning

@JodieDownUnder We missed the last class, so we will have to take in some of the condensed version as well.

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

@JodieDownUnder I have taken Rosalee's courses before on Herbal Energetics and the Taste of Herbs. When you have a choice of herbs to use for a certain symptom or condition, using taste or TCM type energetics (hot, cold, dry, damp, etc.) are ways to narrow down your selection. For example, there are many herbs for bladder infections, but which to choose for the individual? If someone has a really dry constitution, a moistening herb would work better for them than an astringent herb that would further irritate the system. As Rosalee mentions, that is why some of the "top of the list" or "go-to" herbs just won't work for some people and then they get discouraged about using herbal medicine.

I remind people that sometimes docs go through quite a list of drugs before finding one that works for the individual. But they don't use energetics and I'm not sure how you would find a good method of choosing with chemical drugs.

• Linda Bittle
    Linda Bittle Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love Rosalee and John Gallagher! John taught at Wilderness Awareness School when I started there in 2006. I've been a member of HerbMentor since it was first offered. I find them to be easy to understand, and backed up by both experience and science.

The new course is an update of the Taste of Herbs, making it simpler for many. If you have purchased the old course it's likely that you won't learn much from the new one. Lifetime access to those courses, so I am revisiting Taste of Herbs! I do so appreciate that John mentioned this in the program. Some people would try to sell the new one, too.

• COWLOVINGIRL
    COWLOVINGIRL Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you @LaurieLovesLearning for posting this! I am checking it out!