AKA Japanese Pumpkin
Got these in my CSA basket. These are now part of a Squash soup along with a butternut, Hubbard and acorn squash.
As she says this is a "hard headed squash". I didn't find this video before it killed my electric knife.
Will add a pic of the seeds later. They're huge and easily the size of a US dime. I will be rehoming quite a lot of them.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter